Blisseful Easter Holiday in OstendOostende
Tips for a blissful Easter holiday in Ostend
The Easter holiday is approaching and we at Agence Lecomte are looking forward to it! Certainly now that more events and activities are being organised. There is so much to do in Ostend that you might get stressed out... That is why we have made a list with tips for a wonderful Easter holiday in Ostend. There is something for everyone!
For culture lovers
James Ensor house
The Ensor House is where the Belgian painter James Ensor lived and worked until his death in 1949. He created many of his famous works there. Today, the house is a museum. It was recently renovated, so definitely worth a visit! Also fun with children: there is a special audio tour for them.
In this beautiful museum you can admire modern and contemporary Belgian art from 1880 until today. It is located in an iconic building. The collection is presented in a very accessible way, both for art connoisseurs and beginners.
The Crystal Ship
The Crystal Ship art festival has transformed Ostend into Belgium's largest open-air gallery in recent years. This year, the streets will once again be coloured by a number of new works by artists from all over the world. Between 28 March and 9 April, the new street art murals will be created: definitely worth the effort to see the artists 'live' at work. Afterwards, the works will be ready and can be admired by the general public.
For bon vivants
Ostend has a lot to offer on the culinary front. If you like good food and drink, this is the place to be! You can enjoy gastronomic delights in top restaurants such as Marina, Bistro Mathilda and Belle De Jour. Ostend is the city of shrimp croquettes, so don't go home without tasting them and if you can, visit the open-air fish market 'De Vistrap'. A household name in the city and beyond!
Ostend has many cosy breakfast and coffee bars, Italian restaurants for pasta and pizza lovers and lots of great cafes. And of course, a day at the seaside should include a delicious ice cream. For that you have to go to Gelato Maxzim, a fixed value in the Queen of seaside resorts. Bon appetit!
Ostend is paradise for families with children. Besides the beach and the sea, there are many fun activities organised for kids and their (grand)parents. Our recommendations:
- De Grote Ridder Muis do-expo and quest: the expo is in Fort Napoleon, the quest takes you through the city.
- Captain Panekazak: an audio tour for children along the most beautiful and interesting places in Ostend.
- TikTokTour: a cool tour along 10 highlights in the city where you can make TikTok videos. Fun to do with slightly older children.
- The Mystery of St. Mary's Church: an exciting treasure hunt for children aged 10 and up, where they go in search of a stolen James Ensor mask.
For sports lovers and nature lovers
In Ostend, you can take beautiful walks along the beach, through the city or in the green nature. Cyclists can also indulge themselves during a nice trip along the coastline or in the Polders. Don't have your own bike? Don't worry, there are plenty of places where you can rent a bike during your stay in Ostend. You will find some great walking and cycling tips here.
SOS bad weather
In Belgium the weather can sometimes be disappointing... Rain, wind or a rough day? Don't worry, there are plenty of fun things to do in Ostend even when the weather is not so good. As we already mentioned, there are plenty of beautiful museums and tasty places to eat. And there are other bad-weather options too:
- Shopping: Ostend has many nice shops and boutiques and new addresses are added regularly. Go and discover them!
- Cinéma: you can catch a film in Kinepolis Ostend.
- Hangtime: indoor trampoline park and play paradise for children. And the parents can have a quiet drink in the meantime: everybody happy!
- Swimming pool Brigitte Becue: too cold to splash around in the sea with the kids or do you want to swim laps? Then go to this (recently renovated) swimming pool.
These tips will undoubtedly convince you to come to Ostend... Looking for a nice place to stay? Then Agence Lecomte has a wide range of holiday flats for rent during the Easter holidays. Contact us for a personalised offer.
Hope to see you soon in Ostend!